Buyer’s remorse. Do you have it? Did you get it? Either way you are not going to feel good about it. Sometimes I get it and then sometimes I don’t. Generally when I buy stuff I do not regret it. Why would I regret buying stuff for myself using my own money anyway? I used my own money and that means I really want what I’m buying right? But sometimes why do some people just seem to be less cheerful than they should be? Maybe it was because they realized that what they have bought was utterly useless to them, or they found something better, or they expected too much from what they bought and many more reasons to state.
What I found out today is that one can have buyer’s remorse from not buying something. Say what? Buyer’s remorse from not buying anything? Yes! Buyer’s remorse from NOT BUYING ANYTHING!! Don’t be annoying!
It might seem strange but it is true. The explanation? Easy. The buyer was somehow prevented or refused to buy self a nice reward of sorts. This is true from personal experience. A friend of mine (his blog will give his identity away) wanted to buy a little something something for himself but he didn’t. He wanted it but didn’t get it. Now regret fill his mind and now wants that something something even more. See? Buyer’s remorse without buying anything. How fun was that?
Sometimes I feel the same way too. I want to buy stuff too but sometimes I can’t and that just makes me a little sad inside. I usually want shoes, games or electronics. When I can’t buy them I can’t them off my mind and it bothers me for a long time. Why? Because I want them and I know I have uses for them. I don’t just buy anything for no reason. Almost anything I buy have practical use. My shoes for example. Some are for my sports activities while others are for casual purposes. Games are a way for me to unwind after a tiring school day. When I do not get my games I feel sad because I know that I am going to be bored for a long time before I can get a new game.
Buyer’s remorse comes with a package of emotions. Not only do you feel regret but you feel sad and unfulfilled at the same time. You feel sad because you did not buy what you want or you bought something of no use to yourself. Unfulfilled because you just feel something missing from you (maybe money or there is a hole in your wallet) or you feel empty because you did not get anything that would fill the void.
But why feel sad? Buy what you want to buy and don’t buy anything that wouldn’t make you happy. Just make sure that what you buy will truly make you happy.
Food makes me happy. Electronics makes me happier. J
I am the EXAMPLE! :( =))))
ReplyDeleteI agree with everything! There is buyer's remorse from not buying anything. I left the jacket and it saddens me so much that I dreamt of it last night! I will definitely go back and buy it!
I also agree with buyer's remorse comes with a package of emotions. Sadness, unfulfilled, and angry from not being able to buy that something something. :))
Food removes my stress and makes me happy. Shopping however makes everything go away.
LOVELY blog! Keep up the good work! <3
The example given was JR RODRIGUEZ (day)/HANNAH (night).
ReplyDeleteOh yea. It's good that I've read JR's blog first before this one since it's connected. This entry further explain what JR's blog is all about. The concepts were explained and applied.
Nice entry Bestman Jo! Keep it up. :)
***EXPLAINS
ReplyDeleteI feel you man. Buyer's remorse is the worst feeling ever. I wanted to buy this shoe but then they run out of my size. T__T
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I like how your blog differs from the other blogs because you focused on something else aside from nonverbal coding. (haha!)
I agree with every bit of your examples! I usually get that sort of fear from not buying since I get the tendency of saving too much for something I'm not quite sure of. Then if I save enough, I tend to buy those things that can't really give me the satisfaction I wanted from it. It's pretty sad, this Buyer's Remorse thing. True, its a package of emotions. Actually, a package of negative emotions. Ohh spending.
ReplyDeleteWell, if you want to be technical about it, if you feel regret for not buying anything, then I don't think it should be called "buyer's remorse". Remember, the phrase is just a loose application of the more technical concept of POST-DECISION DISSONANCE, a specific type of cognitive dissonance. The 'decision', in this case, would refer to the decision NOT to buy something.
ReplyDeleteNevertheless, I like how you reversed the concept and your analysis of it. That's what a critical mind can do :)